One of the highest profile people in the world, Oprah Winfrey, has accepted the invitation to give Spelman College’s 2012 commencement address, according to the Atlantic Journal-Constitution. The college’s graduation ceremony is set for May 20 at the George International Convention Center. Some 550 students are expected to graduate. Ms. Winfrey is no stranger to Spelman. She received an honorary degree from the college in 1993 and will be given the National Community Service Award this year.
- Tracey Edmonds On Mistakes Women Make While Seeking Relationships [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Why We Will Never Fully Understand God’s Thoughts [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Women’s Empowerment 2015 Vendor Application
- SHE LIKES IT: Brooklyn Flavors Skincare & Candles Literally Bottle Up Brooklyn In Unique, Invigorating & Lingering Scents
- 15 Black Models At Fashion Week You Should Know
- NAACP Image Awards