One of the highest profile people in the world, Oprah Winfrey, has accepted the invitation to give Spelman College’s 2012 commencement address, according to the Atlantic Journal-Constitution. The college’s graduation ceremony is set for May 20 at the George International Convention Center. Some 550 students are expected to graduate. Ms. Winfrey is no stranger to Spelman. She received an honorary degree from the college in 1993 and will be given the National Community Service Award this year.
- Is Stripping Bill Cosby Of His Honorary Degrees Overkill? NewsOne Now Sounds Off…
- Bishop Secular Makes A Tyler Perry Accusation [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Alexis Spight You Don’t Have To Look A Certain Way To Be Saved [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- The Next FLOTUS? Here Are Some Fun Facts About The Wives Of The 2016 Presidential Candidates
- Rev. Dr. Otis Moss: Accept Your Desert Assignment
- Festival Of Praise Tour 2015 Dates Announced